With only two days to go until Christmas you’re probably only thinking of your Christmas dinner but we’ve got two delicious ways to use up that leftover turkey!
Plus it another chance to win with our advent calendar!
1. Turkey curry
Now what could be better than a delicious turkey curry to relax with on Boxing Day! We were inspired by a recipe we found on BBC Good Food, which was delicious and super easy to make.
- 300g leftover turkey
- 300g roast potatoes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion,(thickly sliced)
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 1 green pepper
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Mango chutney
- Coriander (roughly chopped)
- rice or naan bread, to serve
It’s really easy to make this dish; here are the 3 main steps:
- Place a large saucepan on a high heat and pour in the olive oil. Pop the onion and pepper until they soften and start to brown. Stir in the garlic, after 30 seconds add the curry paste and heat through whilst stirring for 2 minutes.
- Now it’s time to pour in the chopped tomatoes, re-fill half the can with water and add. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in the turkey and potatoes, salt and pepper, then top off with the some mango chutney and coriander leaves.
2. Epic sandwich
My personal favourite way to use up everything left over from Christmas Day is to make an Epic Boxing Day sandwich! Ours was inspired by a wonderful sandwich put together by Fage.
- 1 Pack of smoked streaky bacon
- 300g leftover turkey (shredded)
- Dijon Mustard
- 2 sliced dessert apples
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- Fennel, thinly sliced
- Brioche or Wholemeal Buns
Here is the easy to follow guide to making the ultimate sandwich:
- Slice the streaky bacon and add to a hot pan, let this crisp up for 3-5mins. Then add in the sliced apple and stir around until they are golden and becoming soft.
- Add in the turkey, season with salt and pepper, then add a sprinkling of water.
- In a separate bowl mix together the yoghurt, mustard and fennel to make your slaw.
- Slice open the buns and layer the lettuce and tomato to the bottom slice. Now it’s time to add on the delicious slaw, finish off the sandwich with your hot turkey, crispy bacon and caramelised apple combo to make this a sandwich to remember!
Have you got any recipes to add to our list? Let us know in the comment below!
And what’s behind the advent calendar door today? You could win a £50 Tesco voucher!
Pop on over to our Facebook page to enter – good luck!