Welcome one and all to day one of Haven’s amazing Advent calendar.
Each day we will be counting down the days to Christmas with you and everyday there is a chance to win some fantastic prizes – so make sure to keep coming back to the Haven blog and our Facebook page so you don’t miss out on the fun!
We’re starting our advent calendar off with some of the sure fire signs the big guy in the red suit is on his way…
1. Mum starts stock piling potatoes
2. Watching out for the Coca Cola adverts
3. It’s now appropriate to play Last Christmas on repeat
4. Mum and Dad start talking about getting the chairs out of the attic to accommodate distant relatives and neighbors.
5. Everyone starts drinking and eating things they don’t actually like. Eggnog? Not for me thanks.
6. You start receiving Christmas cards from people you’ve never heard of – thank-you very much Aunty Jill from Spain.
7. You start hunting around the house for hidden presents.
8. Make sure you’re careful when your out shopping. It was just a mere passing comment about that jumper Mum but thank-you for it in every colour.
9. Argos catalogue becomes the Bible.
1o. Checking the weather forecast 10 times a day and turn into a child at even the smallest snowfall.
11. It’s that time of year when you sit at school hoping the lesson will be replaced with a Christmas DVD
12. It’s acceptable to wear sequins. Everyday.
13. Irresistible urges to watch Christmas films everyday.
14. Sounds of bells are no longer irritating. SANTA IS THAT YOU?????
15. Annual decision of which advent calendars to get and which sibling gets which – as well as competition who gets the most Christmas cards.
16. The John Lewis advert becomes the only thing everyone you know ever talks about. Monty you are this year’s celeb.
17. First you have the great debate on what day to put up the Christmas tree and then you spend hours every evening picking up needles. But you love your tree more and more everyday anyway.
18. Chocolate for breakfast. When else is it acceptable?
19. You debate buying a different Christmas jumper for every day in December. Shall I go with the one with flashing lights or the never-annoying ‘jingle bell’ song one?
20. Starbucks red cups – what you’ve been waiting for all year.
21. Sudden overwhelming urges to get crafty and make homemade gifts even though you struggle drawing a stick man.
22. Painful festive puns (‘Santacular sale!’). You’ll fine none of those here. Okay we lied, there will be SACKS full.
23. Unquenchable cravings for mulled wine, gingerbread and mince pies. Every day.
24. Checking Santa Tracker every day to see where the bearded guy is at.