Comfort food is what you want when it’s cold, so, here are a couple of healthy, tasty and easy cook recipes that even the little ones will enjoy.
Homemade chunky fish fingers
Time: 15-20 mins serves 2
You will need:
400g chunky white fish (haddock or pollock) cut into thick strips
50g plain flour in a bowl
2 medium eggs beaten in a bowl
150g dried breadcrumbs in a shallow dish
- Dip each strip of fish in the flour, next soak in the egg and then roll in breadcrumbs till evenly coated
- Now all the fish is crumbed put a little oil on a baking tray and then lay out the fish fingers. Cook for 10-12 minutes at 200°C/Gas mark 6
- Once cooked serve with boiled potatoes and garden peas
Chicken Tray Bake
Time: 60mins Serves: 4
You will need:
4 chicken thigh fillets skinned
300g new potatoes
4 garlic cloves
1 large red onion
2 peppers (one red one yellow)
100g cherry tomatoes
1 large courgette
200g spanish chorizo sliced
- Cut up all the veg, quarter potatoes and put into a roasting dish along with garlic cloves. Generously season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 20 mins at 200°C/Gas mark 6. Whilst the veg is cooking slash the chicken thigh fillets and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Next take out the veg and season generously with paprika. Toss the veg, paprika and chorizo until evenly coated, place chicken thigh fillets on top of the veg and put dish back in the oven for 20 mins.
- Take out and spoon juices over the chicken and cook for a further 20 mins at 220°C/Gas mark 6
- Serve and enjoy!