We have all been discussing our new favourite drinks now the weather has turned truly wintery! Besides keeping a Lemsip in hand at all times we have searched far and wide to bring you the best drinks you can enjoy this December. From non-alcoholic cocktails to delicious winter tipples, have a read below to see if your new favourite drink could be there!
Choc-orange Hot Chocolate
50ml double cream
zest of ½ orange
50g dark chocolate, chopped
25ml orange liqueur
1. Heat the milk, cream and orange zest together in a saucepan until simmering then remove from the heat and pour through a sieve into a jug to remove the orange zest.
2. Pour the infused milk mixture back into the pan and add the chocolate, stirring until the chocolate has melted and is really smooth.
3. Put the pan back on the heat to warm through then add the orange liqueur. Pour into a mug and serve.
The Candy Cane
3/4 oz SKYY Berry vodka
3/4 oz Peppermint Schnapps
3/4 oz white Crème de Cacao
1/4 oz grenadine
1 Candy cane
1. Pour the vodka, Peppermint Schnapps, white Creme de Cacao and grenadine into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
2. Crush peppermint candy and sprinkle around the rim of the glass.
3. Pour into a cocktail glass rimmed with crushed peppermint candy.
5. Top with a splash of soda water.
6. Garnish with a candy cane and serve.
600ml orange juice
2 x 75cl bottles sparkling wine
Strips of orange zest
Mix Disaronno, orange juice and sparkling wine in a jug.
Add a strip orange zest to each glass, if you like.
Merry Berry Christmas!
5 fresh raspberries
4 fresh blueberries
2 fresh blackberries
1 1/2 tablespoons light agave nectar
5 fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 cup crushed ice
6 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons ginger ale
Garnish: halved fresh raspberries and blackberries (optional)
1.Blend 5 fresh raspberries, blueberries, 2 fresh blackberries, light agave nectar, mint leaves, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
2.Stir in crushed ice and water.
3. Cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (7 to 10 seconds).
4. Pour mixture into a glass, and top with ginger ale.